DINGHY SAILORS WILL ORGANIZE YACHT CLUB

Meet Tonight at 7:15 in Adams Common Room; Club Also Open to Freshmen; Hutton, Hovey, Rousmaniere Lead

All Undergraduates interested in sailing have been invited to attend a first meeting on yachting which will be held tonight in the Adams House Upper Common Room at 7.15 o'clock.

At this time plans will be made for the purchase of some dinghies for immediate use, the methods of financing the purchase and a decision on where to sail them as well as hours for their use. Freshmen as well as Upperclassmen may attend the meeting.

Leaders of the group organizing the meeting are Chandler Hovey '39 Jr., who will be chairman, James A. Rousmaniere '40, Edward B. Hutton '39, and Roger Wilcox '41. After the meeting movies will be shown.

Although there was a Harvard Yacht Club formed as early as 1896, there has been little action on sailing here previously. Yale, Dartmouth, Cornell, Princeton, Brown, Williams and M.I.T. all have clubs and most of them have at least small fleets. There is also a club at Vassar. The formation of a Freshman Yacht Club last fall, with over 30 active members, was the start of action here this year.