Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the Crimson:

The headlines, brief reporting, and makeup of the Crimson's article on the Varsity Crew Meeting Monday night conveyed a totally erroneous impression which we should like to correct.

In the first place, to criticize your headline, "Crew Prospects Dull", Charlie Whiteside said nothing to that effect. The crew squad has five members of last year's varsity, six of last year's Jayvees, all of the combination, seven of the Freshman, and a number of men who were unavailable last year. This is more material than has been available for three years.

In the second place merely to quote "no crew will be worse than Harvard" gives entirely the wrong inference. What he expressed in effect was that, with an Olympic year in the offing, no crew is Harvard's inferior on paper, and that no crew will be a "set-up" during the season.

In the third place he did not say "Yale has a pretty lousy crew right now." He said it has been reported that Yale has a poor crew at present, and added that by Race Day Ed Leader would put a very good crew on the starting line.

As your writeup occasioned a good deal of unfavorable comment, we hope this will set matters straight. Raymond S. Clark '36   Leonard P. Eliel '36   James E. Gardner '36