SIX YARDLING INDOOR BASEBALL TEAMS WILL OPEN SEASON APRIL 15

EACH NINE COMPOSED OF TWO OR MORE HALLS

Adolph W. Samborski '25, Director of Intramural Athletics, announced yesterday the formation of an inter-hall "Yard League" in soft-ball baseball for the Class of 1941.

Composed of six teams, each incorporating two or more Freshman halls, the league is to swing into action on a three-game-a-week schedule starting April 15, and continuing each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for five weeks. The teams are as follows: Wigglesworth (Wigglesworth, Harvard Union); Thayer (Thayer, Apley); Matthews (Matthews, Grays); Massachusetts (Massachusetts, Lionel); Holworthy (Holworthy, Hollis, Stoughton); Straus (Straus, Weld, Mower).

Physical Education Credit Given

Fifteen games will be played. Samborski has promised competent umpires for every game and has reserved a diamond in the northern, or "hairpin" section of Soldiers Field for the soft-ballers. Equipment may be obtained at Dillon Field House. Yardlings will receive credit for physical education requirements when they play.

Samborski emphasized the fact that managerial responsibility, or lack of it, will play a large part in the success or failure of the plan. He pointed out that for several years the Freshman interhall athletic projects have failed because the dormitory managers have not been able to turn out adequate teams.

Charles H. Clark '41 and Curtis Clay '41 are head managers of the 99 Yardlings who have indicated their willingness to participate. A singles regatta early in May and a tentative tennis league are being considered for supplementary sports.