Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

POUND OF CURE

By initiating for its employees the Associated Hospital Service, Harvard has given impetus to a valuable plan of employee welfare. The University's cooperation in promoting insurance against inevitable accidents can prove a great boon to employees.

Although the University makes every effort to supply its employees with a decent wage, their salaries are not always sufficient to provide against disability outside the scope of workman's compensation. As an unfortunate result of this fact, they are hard pressed to pay hospital bills when they take sick or suffer a minor injury. Under the provisions of this new service, employees paying a small annual fee will be provided with bed care, examinations, and routine nursing service. A slightly larger premium will extend these facilities to members of their families.

This innovation is a desirable supplement to the increased attention being paid to employees by the Hygiene Department. The University has made a contribution by sponsoring this benefit; it remains now for the workers to make use of it.