Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

YARDLING INTER-HALL COMPETITION PLANNED

Members of Freshman Union Committee To Arrange Squash, Tennis, Soft Ball Contests

Intra-mural sports have invaded the Yard with the recent project inaugurated by the Freshman Union Committee. Yardling aggregations will vie with one another in Squash, Tennis, and Soft Ball.

A combination of certain members of the Committee, and managers from the various halls will undertake the organization of teams from groups of dormitories in the Yard and the planning of schedules. Dr. Clarence B. Van Wyck, Secretary of the Department of Physical Education, has said that participation in these inter-dormitory contests will count as credit toward compulsory exercise.

The first sport to be organized is squash, and provided a sufficient number of the 200 Yardlings playing the game will show interest, the competition between the halls will be started next week. Tennis and soft ball contests will be arranged and organized during the Spring vacation.

Adolph W. Samborski, Director of intra-mural athletics, has said that there will be plenty of fields available for the soft ball competition, and it is reported there is even a possibility that a regatta for single shells will be arranged.