36 Men Receive Nominations for Second 1938 Election Next Week

Davis, Emerson, Ewell, Hicks, Northrop Nominees for Job Of Secretary

Thirty-six nominations for the Second Senior Election to fill the posts of Class Secretary, Permanent Class Committee, and Class Day Committee were announced last night by Nathaniel G. Benchley '38, chairman of the 1938 Nominating Committee, Additional names for these positions may be put up by petition, signed by 25 Seniors, and handed in to Dunster K-22 before 5 o'clock Thursday.

Voting for the positions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 15 and 16. Seven men will be chosen for the Class Day Committee, and six for the Permanent Class Committee.

Chief duties of the Permanent Class Committee consist in managing reunions, filling vacancies, and generally acting on behalf of the class. The Secretary and the Treasurer of the class are on the Committee as ex officio members.

The Class Day Committee will have charge of all the Class Day exercises. With the Marshals they will judge the competition to be held for the last Senior office, that of Ivy Orator.

Besides Benchley, the Nominating Committee consists of J. Sinclair Armstrong, Lyman B. Burbank, Joseph Franklin, Elliot B. Knowlton, George F. Lowman, and Robert T. Whitman.

Names of the nominees follow:

For Secretary

Richard Talliesyn Davis, Eugene Emerson, John Woolsey Ewell, Samuel Trafford Hicks, Jr., and Alexander Clerihew Northrop.

For Permanent Class Committee

Edward Larabee Barnes, Peter Thatcher Brooks, William Jackson Clothier, Carlos Colton Daughaday, Robert Olney Easton, Herbert Bruce Griswold, Charles George Hutter, Jr., Francis Keppel, Paul Massik, John Nesmith, Robert Craig Stuart, Alvah Woodbury Sulloway, Louis Le Fevre Sutro, Richard Otis Ulin, and Caspar Willard Weinberger.

For Class Day Committee

James Fletcher Chace, John Roberts Clark, John Cheesman Harkness, Ernest Downing Haseltine, Jr., Joseph Patrick Kennedy, Jr., Elliott Burris Knowlton, David Reed Lit, George Frederick Lowman, Lawrence Eliot Marcus, James Stewart Munroe, Joseph Francis Nee, Edward Holyoke Osgood, Jr., Ralph Linder Pope, Jr., Timothy James Reardon, Jr., Robert Taft Whitman, and Gibson Winter.