Yale Vanquishes Sextet as Princeton Downs Quintet

THIRD BENGAL WIN

Saturday night's defeat at the hands of the surprising Princeton hoopmen by a 37-20 margin definitely wiped out the Crimson quintet's aspirations for a share of the Ivy League championship.

Without the services of Charlie Lutz, who is suffering from an infected foot, the Fesler attack was never able to function smoothly. At the half the Tigers led 20-11 and held the Crimson to a scant nine points during the second period.

Hobler High Scorer

The Bengals' victory Saturday was their third consecutive win following the return of their star and captain, Johnny Vruink who has been out most of the season. Against Harvard Vruink tallied seven points for runnerup scoring honors with his teammate Ed Hobler topping the scoring column with 10 points.

For the Crimson John Herrick, George Lowman, and Captain Vernon Struck were high with five tallies apiece. Although Lutz was not necessarily the Varsity's high point man, he was the team spark plug and best ball handler. At present it appears that he will be out of the lineup for the remainder of the season.

This week the Varsity closes its season facing Dartmouth Wednesday and Yale Saturday. Unless a sudden rejuvenation occurs, the Crimson is likely to wind up the season with five wins and seven losses.