COUNCIL MEETING VOTE GROUP'S PLEA

Committee Decides That Names Put Up For the Second Senior Election Are "Fait Accompli"

Concurrent with the news that the Committee for Electoral Reorm has swung into active petition work among the Senior Class, in favor of an election convention, came the news last night that Francis Keppel '38, president of the Student Council, will call a meeting of the Council for Thursday night to consider the Committee's aims.

Meanwhile Committeemen issued a statement in which they said that, although they had hoped that the council would hold up the nominations for the Second Senior election, they would accept these nominations as "faits accomplis."

As for the actual progress of yesterday's individual campaign of petitions, leaders of the vote reform group said that they had no available figures as to how many Seniors had signed up. From a not entirely reliable source, however, it was learned that 50 men of 1938 had affixed signatures to the petition being circulated in Adams House.

In the matter of nominating by petition, clause 3 of the Committee's platform reads in part: "Nominations by the nominating committee are announced first; nominations by petition are announced later as being made by petition. This procedure is obviously discriminatory against the latter and makes those nominated by petition appear to be self-seekers."