Crimson Rugby Club to Face Cambridge University Team

First English Team to Cross to U.S. Since 1934 Plays Here March 25.

For the first time since 1934 an English rugby team will make an American tour, when the Cambridge University team comes to the United States March 20 for a two weeks trip playing five games, including one with the Harvard match will be the second game for the invaders.

The Britain's first match will be with Yale on March 23 and they will climax their first visit with a contest against an All-East team picked by the Eastern Rugby Union, who extended the invitation to Cambridge. The Harvard match will be the second game for the invaders.

Cambridge Team Formidable

With a squad of 22 men, several of whom are Internationals, the Cambridge team is rated one of the strongest in recent years. Their forwards average 200 pounds while the backs tip the scales at 185 pounds a man.

While the Cambridge team will have their season behind them and will doubtlessly be at top form, the Crimson will only have had one or possibly two weeks of out-door practice when the date of the game rolls around.

Regular Practice Begins

The Harvard squad swings into action this week with regular afternoon practice in the cage as well as several night sessions scheduled. With nine of last year's veterans who defeated Yale returning as well as the most promising turn-out of new men in several years, the Crimson is confident of giving the boys in blue considerable opposition.

Headed by Captain Ned Whitney, a four year man, the club is looking forward to an excellent season. Outstanding are Bill Watt, former gridder; Pete Knapp, Jayvee football captain; Joe Kennedy; Ed Barnes and Henry Kidder, Varsity wrestlers; and George Clowes, Austle Scott, and Henry Miller, all of whom have played at least two years here.

Princeton's Constable Here

Among the newcomers who are challenging the regulars for first team positions is Pepper Constable, former Princeton football fullback and rugby star who will give the first string backs considerable competition because of his clever open-field running.

Another addition who has shown well in the night sessions of the past two years is Harry Goff of Stanford.