David M. Little '18, University Secretary, New Adams House Head

Former Crimson President Once Assistant Dean, Was Official At Tercentenary

David M. Little '18, Secretary to the University for two years, has been appointed Master of Adams House, to become effective next September, the University announced last night. The appointment was approved by the Board of Overseers at the meeting Monday afternoon.

When asked for a statement, Little told the CRIMSON: "I consider, it an honor and a privilege to be given the opportunity to carry on the fine traditions of Adams House so successfully established under Professor Baxter's guidance."

Little replaces Professor James P. Baxter 3rd, who resigned last year to become President of Williams College. During the fall and winter Raphael Demos, assistant professor of Philosophy, was Acting Master of Adams House.

Little will continue his duties as Secretary, it was announced. In the past he has served as Assistant Dean of Harvard, from 1922 to 1924, and as an instructor in English and tutor for four years. Since 1933 he has been Curator of the Theatre Collection in Widener. He received his Ph.D. in 1935 and during the Tercentenary Celebration was Assistant Director. He was also the former Executive Secretary of the Harvard Endowment Fund.

As an undergraduate, Little was President of the CRIMSON, Class Treasurer and Secretary, a member of the Student Council, President of the University Register Boards, vice-president of the Harvard Union, and a permanent member of the Class Committee.