Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Varsity Lacrosse Squad Defeats Tufts

HAMMOND HIGH SCORER

Despite a 9-4 victory over Tufts yesterday, the Varsity lacrosse team failed to impress in its first home game. Sloppy work both on the defense and the offense prevented the stickmen from rolling up an impressive score.

Bright spot for the Crimson was Phil Hammond, diminutive attackman, who sank six goals before calling it a day. Van Cleveland, in his first appearance for the Stahleymen this year, started off with a bang scoring one goal and setting up several others.

After spotting Tufts one goal, the crossemen settled down to make the score 3-1 at the end of the first period. The Jumbos staged a strong rally to the score up at four all as the half ended. Pete Urbon, Tufts goalie, held the Crimson at bay with his spectacular work in the nets until late in the third period, when Stahley's first attack of Cleveland, Hunsacker and Hammond, broke loose to score three goals. Hammond clinched the decision in the fourth, scoring his fifth and sixth goals.

This was the Crimson's first game in defense of the Eastern Intercollegiate League crown. It had previously lost to Penn, Maryland and Navy on its vacation trip. Although it is a potentially strong outfit, Coach Skip Stahley has voiced disappointment in its showing to date. With the return next week of captain Tommy Campion, who was injured in the Navy game, and Dick Lewis, who has been suffering from a severe cold, it is quite likely that the team will make a better showing. HARVARD  TUFTS Brecker, g.  g., Urbon Livingston, Wilcox, pt.  pt., Kempton Maguin, Ferris c.p.  c. pt. O'Brien, Silva Bloter, ld.  ld., Hammond Baker, Blanchard, Tanner 2d.  2d., Dolben Downey, Doughty, Flinn, c,  c., Conforti Willard, Holstead, Sullivan, Bird, 2a.  2a., Gould, Yale Hunraker, la.  la., Sullivan (Capt.) Cleveland, Shepard, o.h.  o.h., Barselow, Speare, Williams Hammond, Gordon, ih.  i.h., Bounakes, Beckford

Score--Harvard 9, Tufts 4, Goals--Harvard; Hamond 6, Hunraker 2, Cleveland 1. Tufts--Conforti 2, Sullivan 2. Referee--Martin, Acker. Time--Four 15 minute periods.