Kirkland, Dunster Conquer Winthrop, Dudley 8-7, 8-1 in Baseball Contests

Elephants, Bellbys Winners in Softball Contests Over Adams, Leverett

Kirkland edged Winthrop 8 to 7 and Dunster trounced Dudley 8 to 1 in yesterday's hard ball games while the Bellboy softballers pounded out a 37 to 4 victory over Leverett and Eliot took the Goldcoasters 7 to 1.

Things looked dark for the Deacons until the last inning, when they staged a five run rally and a relief pitcher subdued the Bunnies in the final frame. Dick Mandel led the winners at the plate.

The Dunster-Dudley fracas was featured by the tight pitching of John Woodward, former Yardling moundsman, who shut out the Commuters until the last inning. Dean Noyes, Bill Lipsitt, and Woodward were most efficient with the wagon-tongue for the Funsters.

Bellboys Massacre Bunnies

Getting off to a promising start with 16 runs in the second inning, the Bellboys massacred Leverett. The Bunnies didn't tally an earned run off pitcher Jeff Leven, who also functioned well at the plate. John Weston clouted a pair of homers.

Steve Madey's phenomenal pitching spelled victory for the Elephants. Leo Demeter, Captain and shortstop, and Jack Lee, first base, starred for the winners. Jerry Graft pitched for the Goldcoasters, who didn't score until the final stanza.

Winthrop Racquetmen Boat Dunster

In tennis Winthrop took Dunster 6 to 1, and Lowell downed Dudley by the same margin.

Elephant divot-diggers had a good day, trouncing Leverett 8 to 1. Winthrop took Dudley 6 to 3, while Adams nosed out the Bellboys 5 to 4. Kirkland for once didn't win, and it was Dunster that did the trick, tying the Deacons 4 1/2 to 4 1/2.

Standing to date in House sports: Baseball   W  L Eliot  2  0 Kirkland  2  0 Leverett  2  1 Lowell  2  1 Dunster  1  1 Adams  1  2 Dudley  0  2 Winthrop  0  3 Softball   W  L Eliot  3  0 Kirkland  3  0 Lowell  2  0 Adams  1  1 Dunster  1  2 Dudley  0  2 Leverett  0  2 Winthrop  0  3

Golf   W  L  T Adams  2  0  0 Kirkland  2  0  0 Eliot  2  1  0 Lowell  2  1  0 Winthrop  1  1  0 Dudley  0  2  1 Dunster  0  2  1 Leverett  0  2  1

Tennis   W  L Lowell  4  0 Eliot  3  0 Kirkland  3  0 Dudley  2  2 Winthrop  1  2 Adams  1  3 Dunster  0  2 Leverett  0  3