Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

PRO-WAR MEMORIAL REMOVAL IS SOUGHT

Japanese Painting in Harvard Yenching Institute Library Called "Vicious" by Student Group

In its final meeting last night, the Neutrality Council resolved to petition the University that the Sargent murals in Widener and all other pro-war memorials in the College be removed.

Stating that the murals are a strong incentive to the youth of Harvard to glorify war, F. Welch Peel '39, president of the organization, condemned the false patriotism behind them. "We feel that jingoism of this sort was mainly responsible for the pointless slaughter of American youth on foreign soil in the World War," Peel declared.

Blasts sword-Rattling

"This is no longer the age of Liberty Bond posters," Peel added. "Harvard is the last place where sword-rattling should be actively sponsored." The murals were criticized on the grounds that they do not truly reflect the sentiment of the undergraduate body as a whole.

The Council also recommended that the pro-Japanese propaganda in the Yenching Institute Library in Boylston Hall, entitled "The Full Blossoming of the Japanese Spirit" be exposed as vicious propaganda, and dealt with as such.