BROWN MEETS REVENGE HUNGRY MITCHELL NINE

BIG TOM HEALEY SLATED TO TWIRL FOR CRIMSON

Eager to avenge Monday's poor showing, the Varsity baseball team will this afternoon be out for revenge, when Brown invades Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.

Crimson Due to Snap Back Today

Apparently let down after their three league game weekend, the Mitchellmen made eight errors in the field against the Jumbos Monday to lose 13-4. Today the Crimson should snap back into their, stride, that has brought the circuit lead and the best Varsity of several years.

With Dave Shean recovered from a stomach attack, Coach Fred Mitchell will undoubtedly start his regular line-up against the Bruins. It is not certain if Joe Soltz, who has also been sick, will be ready to take over his left field post. If Soltz is out, Frank Weiner will probably join the outfield patrol.

Big Tom Healey is slated to get the starting call to the mound for the Crimson, while Paul Doyle will be behind the plate. For the Bruins, Vince Devaney, who last year held the Mitchell hitters to two lone knocks, is the probable hurling starter.

So far this season the Brown nine has been unpredictable, but boasts victories over Holy Cross, Yale, and Dartmouth.

The summary: HARVARD  BROWN Shean, 2b  ss Brokaw Johns, ss  cf Harkins Lupien, 1b  3b  Pietrusza Grondahl, 3b  If Welch Gannett, cf  rf Arrendell Soltz, lf  2b Hicks Hoye, rf  1b Wright Doyle or Bacon, c  c Hinckley Healey or Foley, p  p Devaney or McCulloch