Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

EUROPEAN ECONOMIST TO CONTINUE SERIES OF GODKIN LECTURES

"IMPENDING CRISES IN WESTERN SOCIETY" TODAY

Discussing the "Impending Crises in Western Society," Gunner Myrdal, well-known European economist, will inaugurate a new series of four Godkin lectures on the general subject, "The Population Problem and Social Security," at 4 o'clock this afternoon in the New Lecture Hall.

Myrdal, who is a professor of Economics at the University of Stockholm, is also adviser to the Swedish government in matters of economics importance. His writing have treated of national economy, government finance, depressions and booms, the cost of living, and other economic subjects.

Will Discuss Remedy

"The Effects of a Declining Birth Rate" is the subject of Myrdal's second lecture Wednesday. Next week the economist will devote his talks to "Remedial Means."

Under the terms of the Godkin Foundation, established in memory of the founder of the Nation, the lectures must be on "the essentials of free government and the duties of the citizen or upon some part of that subject."

Earlier lectures this year were delivered last week by Roger N. Baldwin '05, Director of the American Civil Liberties Union, and by Clarence A. Randall '12, vice-President and Director of the Inland Steel Company.