Crew Meets Navy, Penn at Annapolis As Ball Team Faces Dartmouth Here

Chace May Not Row; Trackmen Leave For Princeton For Fourth Heptagonal Meet

Possiblity that Captain Spike Chace may not be able to row in the Adams Cup regatta against Navy and Penn tomorrow loomed last night as a threat to the Crimson's bid for the sprint title of the East.

Almost the 190-lb, stroke was placed under doctor's care yesterday, a faint hope remained that he would be able to lead Tom Bolles' undefeated eight in the most vital test of the season. If not, Bill Rowe will move up from the Jayvees to take his place and Barr Comstock will shift from the Thirds to lead the Seconds.

On the Severn the Jayvees and Harvey Love's Freshmen will race Penn and the Navy crews as the Yardling 150-lb, crew and the championship Eliot House boat meet Eli sweepers on the Housatonic at Derby. In the annual Goldthwait Cup regatta Harvard, Yale, and Princeton 150-lb, eights will compete on the Charles, the Jayvees rowing at 4:30, the Varsity at 5 o'clock.

Nine Faces Dartmouth

Meanwhile on soldiers field Coach Fred Mitchell will pit his veteran pitching ace, Eddie Ingalls, against Bill Wonson of the Indians in a desperate fight to retain the League leadership. The Crimson tops the League by virtue of having played two more games than Yale and three more than Dartmouth.

Potentially the best team in the League, Dartmouth, through its first five games, has maintained a batting average of .327 as compared with Harvard's .297, and leads the Eastern Intercollegiate series with an average of .944 as opposed to the Crimson .932. The Big Green also ahs the best batsman in the circuit, catcher Joe Urban, who scored a .500 in his first five games.

Trackmen in Heptagonal

Nineteen Varsity trackmen leave from South Station this afternoon at 4 o'clock bound for Princeton for the fourth annual Heptagonal Meet to be held tomorrow at Palmer Stadium, Headed by Captain Alex Northrop, the group is composed of the stellar performers on the squad.

Captain Northrop is running only in the mile and is expected to win his favorite event. Another probable first place winner is John Herrick in the discus. George Downing and Howard Mendel are slated to take second and fourth in the shot, and Jaakko Mikkola expects to see this mile relay team of Richards, Donnelly, King, and Lightbody take their race.

Mason Fornald should place in either the high or low hurdles or both. Haydock and Aertsen should garner a couple of points in the high jump; Pettingell and Maclsaac should figure in the pole vault. Brennan and Shallow are due to place in the hammer, and Bert Litman will toss the javelin. Joe Bradley is running the half; Ros Brayton, the mile