Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

STACKPOLE MOVES TO DEAN'S OFFICE, TO SUCCEED PAUL

Bowditch, Cary, Chauncey, Phelps Back Next Year; Thom Will Take Over Post Relinquished by New Dean

News from University Hall today features appointment of one new dean and continuation in office though 1939 of four present incumbents.

Secretary to President Conant for the past three years and now proctor in Grays Hall, Stephen Henry Stackpole '33, of Milton, will succeed Rodman Wilson Paul '36 and bear the official title "Assistant Dean of Harvard College in charge of Juniors and Seniors and of student activities."

With Paul planning to devote full time to graduate work and instruction as a tutor in the Department of History and Stackpole moving his office in University Hall down one floor, Huntington Thom '35, of Washington, succeeds to the Conant secretarial post. Thom is a third year Law student.

The quartet of Assistant Deans of the College continuing in office consists of Deans Bowditch, Cary, Chauncey, and Phelps.

Statistics on the new appointments show that Stackpole as an undergraduate was president of the Lampoon, Ivy Orator, chairman of the Dunster House Committee, and leader of the Vocal Club of the Instrumental Clubs. Thom played on the Varsity squash team and the Junior Varsity baseball team.

Stackpole is also Class Agent for the Harvard Fund Council.