Cheerleaders Plan Stunts, Acrobatics For Football Fans

Greenhood Appoints New Squad Of Six to Rouse Crimson Rooters This Fall

A wildly enthusiastic, lusty-cheering Harvard football audience is envisioned for the coming grid season by Head Cheerleader E. Russell Greenhood '39. He is planning scores of new stunts and acrobatics, combined with the regular cheers, to evoke greater heights of pure noise from Crimson fans this year.

Greenhood, swimming captain and star diver, has chosen a squad of six men to assist him: Gene Clark '40, miler; Lopey Forbush '39, diver; Dick Grondahl '39, infielder; Jim Lightbody '40, ace quarter-miler; Charlie Lutz '40, basketeer, and Joe Patrick, hockey player. All have won their major H's, and therefore qualify for cheerleading posts.

Return of the Puritan

"They're pretty green at it still," said Greenhood yesterday, "and for the Brown game we'll use only straight cheers--no stunts. But we have a big surprise planned for the Dartmouth game, and in the next few games the Puritan of last year will without doubt be present."

The traditional cheers of the last few years are to be continued and the locomotive and the "echo", innovations last year, will be reintroduced. The H.A.A. is cooperating by giving a special white cheerleader's sweater complete with major H to each man.