HARLOW IS APPOINTED MUSEUM CURATOR HERE

GRID MENTOR AN UNRECOGNIZED BOTANIST

Already an associate in oology, Dick Harlow has been appointed curator of oology in the Museum of Comparative Zoology, it was announced yesterday. He will have direct supervision over the Agassiz egg collection, founded in 1859 and one of the largest and most comprehensive gatherings in the whole world.

For the past three years Harlow has had various jobs in connection with caring for the different egg collections in and about the University, but he will now have the actual museum work.

He is widely known here as an amateur collector of birds' eggs of all sorts and has one of the most complete private collections in existence of the land bird and waterfowl types.

During the summers the new curator has made many ornithological expeditions to all parts of the country and Canada. He has also given many lectures on the subject of oology.

Besides his work in this field, Harlow is a fairly well known botanist, but his abilities in this line have not been officially recognized by the University. He is also football coach.