Saturday Fatal for Two Varsities as Pucksters Bow to Toronto 11-1, Feslermen Overwhelmed by Tufts 44-29

Speedy Jumbos Smash Deadlock Of First Half in Spite of Five Goals by Lutz

A disappointed band of Feslerites returned from the invasion of Tufts Cousens Gym after dropping at 44 to 29 decision to the sharp-shooting and well drilled Jumbos Saturday night.

The Crimson held their own until the close of the first half when the Tufts five broke a 13 to 13 deadlock and spurted on to gain a 22 to 15 lead at halftime. After that the Freshman fell behind as their defense folded up before the deliberate attack of the home team.

Peabody Defense Ace

Tufts played its best brand of ball before a capacity crowd. The Jumbos presented a tightly-knit defense and broke up Crimson passes time and time again. The Feslermen were never able to get a fast-breaking attack started, and their scoring was limited to an occasional basket by Charley Lutz or Homer Peabody. The latter turned in the evening's best defensive job as he held center Charley Tibbs to six points.

Coach Cappy Cappon of Princeton was an interested spectator at the game, and what he saw should not make him too pessimistic about his Tigers' chances in the Indoor Athletic Building this Saturday. The Crimson, however, are determined to bolster up their defense for their Wednesday night opener in the Eastern Intercollegiate League against Cornell's Big Red at Ithaca.

Although deprived of the services of Joe Romano who is laid up with the grippe at Stillman Infirmary, the Yardling quintet overran the Tufts Freshman team 40-27.