Y. C. L. TO DISTRIBUTE FOLDER THROUGH MAIL

LITERATURE WAS NOT BURNED IN LOWELL FURNACE

Because of the confiscation of its "Anti-Imperialist War" pamphlets on Monday, the Young Communist League announced last night that it would send the leaflets through the mails rather than deliver them during the day in accordance with University rules.

A spokesman for the League said last night that "despite published reports in New York papers, it is not true that any of the pamphlets were burned; Lowell House, where the burning was supposed to have taken place, has no furnace."

Aldrich Durant, Business Manager of the University, who is in charge of the circulation of printed materials in Uni- versity buildings, denied that he had taken any disciplinary action and repeated his statement that if the Communists wish to distribute leaflets, "they should do it during the day and not in the early hours of the morning."

Communist circles claim that they can not come out in the open with their activities because they expect the United States to be at war shortly, and they would then be persecuted if their identity were known. They also charge that the University discriminates against members of the Young Communist League