Invading Indian Demands Room in Stoughton Hall

Hanoverian Cites Ancient Charter Which Entitles Him to Free Lodging in Yard

Ughing something about an ancient charter entitling Indians to free lodging in Stoughton Hall, an early arrival from Hanover last night attempted to force his way into the Yardling room of David B. Shaw in Stoughton.

The Indian, who said his name was George Washington Nopokum, had come to Cambridge to "watch my brethren wallop you white men." In violent and rum-inspired terms, the Hanover Brave claimed the right to stay in Stoughton according to the provisions of the gift of the bricks used to build the hall in 1965.

Tribe to Follow Today

The alarmed Freshman coaxed and forced the red-skinned intruder out of his room and barred the door. But before leaving the building, the Brave war-whooped a threat that with reinforcements he would return to his lawful residence today.

Nopokum said that he sprang from the reservation of Tablefortoo, which is adjoining to Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. By today he expects a "heap big" tribe of fellow Indians to stagger into town on a beer truck with every intention of pitching their tepees in Stoughton.

The brave said he had to leave his squaw at Smith because of the Harvard parietal rules. "Heap fine women she is too, but holy-smoke lead me to Radcliffe."