Crimson Squad Set to Meet Fierce Indian Onslaught; Dinner Heralds Forty-Sixth Meeting of Two Teams

Three '42 Members--Heiden, Peabody, and Heiden--Will Start First Game

By Sheffield West

"Dartmouth's in town again" to continue an age-old rivalry and with every intention of tearing apart not only eleven Crimson stalwarts, but the goal-posts and all of Metropolitan Boston, as has been their custom in recent years.

The task of checking the traditional Indian hilarity is left in the hands of police veterans; but the task of checking the Big Green gridiron forces is placed on a very inexperienced Harlow Varsity, most of whom have never been called upon to cope with the Dartmouth horde.

For today Coach Dick Harlow will send out eight Sophomores, one Junior who played his first Varsity game last week, one Senior reserve of last year, and only a single man who rated a regular berth last fall. The inclusion of eight Sophomores in the lineup gives the Crimson its greenest team this season, or in years.

Odds Favor Dartmouth

On the basis of team records and team personnel Dartmouth will enter the game a distinct favorite this afternoon. Although not rated nearly as strong as preceding Big Green invaders, the 1939 Coach Blaik edition is undefeated to date, having beaten St. Lawrence, Hampden-Sydney, and Lafayette, and tied Navy.

The once-defeated Harvard eleven has not been impressive against major opposition and is obviously handicapped by tremendous inexperience.

Three New Soph Starters

The Sophomores who will start tomorrow for the first time are Chub Peabody, Dick Pfister, and George Heiden. Peabody and Pfister are replacing Ernie Sargeant and Don Lowry as guards; Heiden will take over Joe Gardella's wing-back post, but Joe is expected to see plenty of action.

The rest of the starting team will be the same as that which lined up against Penn last Saturday, with the very major exception of Captain Torbie Macdonald. Because of Torbie's slow-healing ankle, Fran Lee with support from Ed Buckley will assume the crucial tail-back assignments. Joe Koufman and Rurgy Ayres have recovered from injuries sustained in the Quaker encounter and are expected to continue the improvement shown last week.

Crimson Due Today

The potential strength of the unseasoned squad has long been the problem as well as the hope of Harvard root- ers. For three years the present Seniors on the team have witnessed devastating victories for championship Dartmouth elevens.

With the Big Green at low ebb, chances for a Crimson win this fall glowed brightest in many years. Regardless of paper statistics, injuries, and inexperience, the Crimson is determined to and should win this afternoon