YALE COLLEGE WINNER BEATS WINTHROP 19-7

FULTON GOES OVER FOR HARVARD HOUSE CHAMPIONS

Winthrop's gridders went down to defeat for the first time this year yesterday afternoon at the hands of a strong Timothy Dwight eleven, 19 to 7. The game was the annual encounter between the champions of the Inter-House and the Yale Inter-College leagues, and was held this year at New Haven.

The Puritans got off to a flying start as Bob Fulton scored in the first quarter on an end sweep behind perfect blocking from his teammates. Joe Peden kicked the extra point, and the situation looked bright for the visitors.

Elis Raily

The Prexies rallies quickly, however, and came back will two scores before the half was over. Dunklee cracked the Winthrop line for one touchdown and Emery shot a flat pass to Cooke for another, while Emery kicked the point on the first.

In the third quarter Emery was responsible for the final score, passing to Rothschild on the Winthrop twenty and then taking the ball over on an off-tackle slant.

Strong Defense Saves Prexies

Winthrop rallied in the closing minutes of the game, and the final whistle saw the Big Red team far down in Prexy territory, but a stubborn Timothy Dwight defense, headed by Chaney, pope, Trudeau, and Johnson, prevented them from scoring.

Ham Daughaday, Sam Binnian, and George Dreher starred for the visitors.