CROSS COUNTRY TEAM DRUBS YALE, PRINCETON

MIKKOLAMEN PACED BY BURWELL IN THIRD PLACE

Jaakko Mikkola's varsity cross country team literally carried away team honors in a walk last Friday at New Haven in their annual meet with the Princeton and Yale harriers. The Crimson hill-and-dale runners trounced the Tigers 23 to 43, and the Elis, 20 to 46. Princeton beat Yale 25 to 41.

The race was held over a five-mile trail, and only Bill Watson of Yale and Dave Little of Princeton the Mikkolamen from sweeping the field. The Eli captain finished first in 27:08 and the Tiger was the runnerup, but the next seven places were taken by the Crimson.

Burwell Third

Langy Burwell paced the Harvard squad by capturing third place in 27:37, and Joe McLaughlin was right behind him in the number four spot in 27:49. There was a triple tie for third among Gene Clark, Penn Tuttle and Dave Simboli, in 27:51. Jim, Light body and Dick Wing tied for eighth position. Yale and Princeton split the next six places between them, but both were hopelessly outclassed by the powerfully balanced Harvard squad which continued its undefeated march.

In the Freshman competition Princeton defeated Harvard, 27 to 28, and Yale 20 to 35, while Harvard topped Yale, 20 to 43.