WINTHROP, DORMITORIES LEAD IN HOUSE HOCKEY

VICTORS RUN 19 POINTS TO SIX FOR LOSERS

With a turnout even larger than last week, the second round of inter-House hockey games were played off last night at the Boston Skating Club rink in Brighton. Winthrop and the Dormitories are leading the league, with two wins apiece, while Eliot, Dudley, Lowell, and Dunster each boast one victory.

All the victors last night won by unusually large margins. In the first game of the evening Winthrop, paced game of the evening Winthrop, paced by Bob Winsor and Captain Jim Rousmaniere trounced their neighbors from Eliot House 5 to 2.

Dudley's sextet walked over Dunster 6 to 2 in the next game. Louis Clay, at right defense, and Don Regan, at left wing, provided the spark for the Dudley team, while Eliot Fareley and Jim Doughty, alternating at center for Dunster, played strong defensive games.

Lowell Beats Kirkland, 4-1

In the second series of matches, Lowell made up for its defeat by Winthrop last Monday, soundly beating Kirkland 4 to 1. Although Charlie Griffith and Fred Benedix fought hard, they and their teammates were no match for a smoothly working Lowell squad, whose line was held firm by the able stick handling of Norm Blotner and Ed Doering.

Don Wickliffe, fast Bellboy left defense, after playing a considerable part of the match, was put out of action early in the second period when he had a bad fall on the ice.

Leverett Loses to Dormitories, 4-1

The final game of the evening saw Leverett, after coming within sight of victory during the first half, bow before a superior Dormitory combine, 4 to 1. The out-of-House team included a number of veteran pucksters who are ineligible for the Varsity squad because they are on probation.

Larry Butt, John Irving, and Jock Elliott took the limelight for the Dormitories, while the Leverett cause was boosted on against superior ability and experience by Malcolm Marshall, Jess Willard, and Jim Monkman.