HOOPSTERS TUSSLE IN DEMONSTRATION GAME

High School Teams Use New Type of Ball, Convex Backboard in Indoor Athletic Building.

Two high school basketball teams played an exhibition game before a packed house of local coaches and officials last night on the Indoor Athletic Building floor in the annual rules demonstration of the Eastern Massachusetts Board of Approved Basketball Officials.

Somerville High School and Our Lady High School of Newton put on a match to show how the new convex backboard and the Last Bilt ball, both now under investigation by the rules committee, function in actual play.

One of the backboards on the Athletic Building floor was the convex type, much smaller than the regular board and slightly curved to allow a better view of the basket by a player shooting from the corner of the floor, while the other was the regulation size and shape.

The new type will definitely not be used at all this year in actual games, but it is being considered for use in future seasons, officials of the Association stated.

It was announced at the game that Adolph W. Samborski '25, director of intramural Athletics, has been elected to the post of Massachusetts Representative to the New England Association of Basketball Officials.

The results of so short a try-out as the one last night were necessarily un-conclusive, but the new plan will be given further tryouts.