INTER - HOUSE HOCKEY DRAWS 121 PUCKSTERS

Eliot Beats Dudley, 3-2, in Season's First Game at Boston Skating Rink In Brighton.

Inter-House hockey started the 1939-40 schedule last night at the Boston Skating Club in Brighton with 121 pucksters reporting for action.

Although the House stick-wielders had had no practice and were, for the most part, in poor physical condition, there was a great ideal of enthusiasm and team spirit shown all around.

Eliot Beats Dudley, 3-2

In the first two matches of the evening the Dormitories sextet edged Adams 2 to 1, and Eliot took Dudley 3 to 2. Playing for the Out-of-House team were in the first line: Irving, De Pourtales, Butt, Curtis, Stedman, and Gordon. The Adams first-string included: Carr, Anderson, Wolbach, Grover, Glidden, and Updegraff.

Among the Eliot squad seeing action were Chute, Ossaua, T. Miller, Hull, A. Miller, and Henderson. On the Dudley list were: Regan, White, Durant, Harris, Clay, MacDonald, Santesuosso, and Hawthorne.

Dunster Takes Kirkland, 5-2

Immediately after the first two games were played, Referee Clark Hodder, coach of the Varsity team, ran off the other two matches. In the first of this set Dunster set back Kirkland, 5 to 2. Dunster standouts were: Agera, Farley, Chick, Young, and Merrill; while Kirkland's first line consisted of Dempsey, Grifflith, Moot, Law, Richards, and Connolly.

Lowell, which sent in a large number of reserves, was no match for a heavier, better-co-ordinating Winthrop team, which triumphed, 7 to 8. Playing most of the game for the victors were: Lacroix, Winsor, Fulton, Ayres, Wood, and Cunningham.