SWIMMERS TO FACE WEAK PENN TONIGHT

WILLIAMS IS STAR

By Charles N. Pollak ii

Beasting only one outstanding swimmer. Captain Paul Williams, a mediocre Pennsylvania team will strive to upset Harvard in the Crimson's first Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League meet, tonight at 8:15.

Williams is the only bright spot on the Penn horizon. Specializing in the 50 and 100 free-style, he ordinarily swims in both of these events and anchors the 400 relay in close meets. He is undefeated this year in these events, swimming the two lap event in the vicinity of 24 seconds, and the century in just under 55 seconds. Last year he led the league in number of points scored with 57 counters, followed by Charlie Hutter with 50.

Penn Has Good Breastroker

Bill Daugherty, breastroker, for the Red and Blue, will offer the Crimson butterfliers a good race in the 200 yard event. He has been swimming it under 2:38 this season, somewhat better than the local efforts. Coach Ulen will probably pit Walker and Waldron against him, retaining Max Kraus for the medley.

Penn's medley team has not bettered 3:13 this year, its distance men are uniformly slow, and the 400 relay team has yet to break 3:50, so aside from Williams and Daughterty not much opposition can be expected. The Red and Blue has won one and lost one in league standing so far, beating Dartmouth, 40 to 35, and losing to Columbia 46 to 29. The Philadelphians vanquished Lehigh 60 to 15, while Princeton conquered the same team, 64 to 11.

Sagenkahn Wins Dive Post

Coach Hal Ulen won't need to plan any radical changes in his line-up. Captain Rusty Greenhood will have Chet Sagenkahn as his running mate in the dive, which will be a high-board event for the first time this year. Ned Goldwasser, Harley and Lonnie Stowell, Fred Griffin, and Johnny Quinlan will do all the free-style sprinting while Eric Cutler, Frannie Powers, Bob White, and Ed Hewitt will do the distance work. Art Bosworth and Craig Moore will swim the backstroke events.

To Whom It May Concern

The Freshmen meet Worcester Academy at 3:15 at Worcester . . . The Penn team arrived yesterday and practiced in the Holyoke Street bath all afternoon . . . . Williams will have more fun this year than last, when Hutter was continually beating him . . . . Yale submerged Brown Wednesday. The Bruins who broke the Crimson winning streak bowed 51 to 24. Outstanding Eli times: a 2:58 medley, a 2:17.7 furlong, a 52.8 century, and of course 123.6 points for Danny Endweiss, Yale's persistently perfect plunger. The New Haven team today meets Michigan at Ann Arbor and is likely to return to Connecticut Monday a bunch of beaten Bulldogs . . . . Princeton and Navy battle it out at Annapolis tonight in the first league meet for both teams. Better pick Tigers over Goats.