TANKMEN FAVORED TO DUCK CORNELL

Aldrich, Leverich, Low, Blackledge, and Fergeson Lead Ithaca Team; Best in Free-Style Events

An untried band of Colgate mermen will provide the opposition for Coach Hal Ulen's pupils in the Indoor Athletic Building pool Saturday night at 8:15 o'clock, but those visiting Maroons will have to catch the Crimson squad on more than an off-night to have a chance of victory.

Just Another Meet

This will be just another meet for the Ulenmen as they speed preparations for their league debut against the Pennsylvania Quakers next Saturday. Victims of a 38 to 37 upset at the hands of the powerful Brown Bruins, the Crimson tankers have been practicing steadily during the examination period and should not be stale despite the competition layoff.

Unknown Quantity

The Maroons are an unknown quantity because this will be their first formal dual meet of the year. They are bringing a team boasting no outstanding performers but containing good all-around strength in the free-style events. Sprinter Fred Aldrich will at least push the Stowells in the 50 and in the 100.

Tom Leverich of the visitors will provide the opposition for a rapidly improving Eric Cutler of the home forces in the 220 and the 440. Cutler is ready for his best performance of the year in his favorite events. Dorsal ace of the Crimson, Art Bosworth, meets Colgate's Low, and in the breaststroke Max Kraus will face the strong challenge of Blackledge and Fergeson.