Wrestling Team Faces Brown With Many Changed Weights

Barnes's Increase In Weight Puts Illman At 155, Leaves Next Weights Uncertain

With a rearranged lineup, the wrestling team will swing into action against the Brown grapplers tomorrow at Providence to try to chalk up their second win of the year. In the past two matches, the team has defeated Tufts with a complete sweep, and has lost by one point to a more experienced Princeton team.

The shakeup in the lineup has occurred in the heavier weights. It was caused by the fact that lanky "Bunny" Barnes has gained about ten pounds, throwing him out of the 155 pound class to wrestle in a heavier weight. Pete Illman, captain of his freshman team, will fill the weight Barnes has left. Bill Daughaday defeated Barnes in a trial match and Barnes defeated Tudor Gardiner which leaves the 165 and 175 pound weights to be decided between Barnes and Daughaday. Boston will as usual wrestle unlimited, with Gardiner as alternate.

The change leaves the team perhaps one of the most perfectly balanced teams that Harvard has over had. Starting with the 121 pound weight through to the heaviest class, the team promises to present an impressive record at the end of the year.

As usual Captain Harvey Ross will lead off the match at 121. Ted Schoenberg has perhaps the toughest job as he faces Captain Cain of the Brown team at 128. Daily will replace Richter Saturday at 136. In his regular position at 145, Bruce Richardson who has turned in a good performance during the last two meets will grapple with Ten Haagen.

The Brown team has not presented an impressive record as yet, but they have been quite successful against the teams they have wrestled. This gives Harvard a slight edge in the encounter, but there are still uncertainties in regard to the sophomores, who have shown up well in the past but have not acquired enough experience to make their standings sure.

Yardlings Tackle Bruin Cubs

The freshman team goes into its second match at the same time as the varsity as it faces the Brown freshman team. Outstanding wrestler on the team is Thomas, a yardling who hails from Oklahoma. In his last match he succeeded in pinning his man as he led the team to a victory over Tufts. He wrestles 145. Redmon will take the 121 pound class, Blaine at 128, Stone in the 136 pound weight, Miles at 155, Tine entering the 165 pound weight, Robbins in the 175, and Aldrich in the top weight will make up the other members of the team.