Varsity Hockey Team Will Face Off With Saint Nicks of New York Saturday at Boston Arena

Crimson Six Holds Fourth Place In League Standing As Season Nears Halfway Mark

Clark Hodder's icemen will swing back into action on Saturday night after a four-week midyear rest when they take on the St. Nicks, New York amateurs, at the Boston Arena.

Except for two exhibition games, one against the Junior Olympics last week and one with the Brae Burn Country Club team last night, the Crimson six has not played since its 4 to 2 victory over Princeton on January 14.

The Saint Nicks present a smooth aggressive squad this year, made up entirely of former college greats. Captained by Fred Mosley, former Harvard hockey and football star, the team boasts an undefeated A. A. U. League record in two years of play. At present the St. Nicks oldest amateur ice team in the United States are running for the A. A. U. championship, which would assure them of the opportunity to represent America in the 1940 Olympic Games at Finland.

Harvard In Fourth Place

In the International League the Hoddermen are still holding down fourth place as the season nears the halfway mark. The Crimson icemen with four points to their credit, are at present trailing Queens, McGill, and Toronto, although they have played fewer League games than the Canadian teams.

In the Quadrangular League standing the Hoddermen are tied for first place with Dartmouth, each squad with one win in as many games. Princeton is in third place with one win and one defeat while Yale is holding down the cellar post with no League victories in two starts.

Williamson Leads Scoring

Individual scoring honors for the International League are pretty well dominated by the Canadians, who wold all but two places in the first 21. Mel Williamson of Queens, who may be remembered for his important part in that University's 11 to 1 trouncing of Harvard, is leading the scores with 9 goals and 8 assists to his credit so far. Austie Harding, high man for the Crimson sextet, ranks sixteenth this week in League standing, having scored 3 goals and 3 assists. Among the Americans he stands second only to Ralph Wyer of Princeton, who has seven points to his credit.

The Hoddermen will resume their League schedule again on next Wednesday when Dartmouth comes to town for a game at the Garden. This will be the first time that the Crimson has met the men from Hanover this season and will decide the leadership of the Quadrangular League.