Ulenmen Face Indian Invasion Today; Pucksters Journey to Bit Green Lair

Natators to Cannonade Dartmouth; Expect Speedy 400 Relay and 150 Backstroke Events

By Charles N. Pollak ii

The Big Green swimming team, present occupant of the cellar of the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League, will compete against Harold Ulen's proteges this evening at 8:45 o'clock in the Indoor Athletic Building pool. In a preliminary contest, the Dartmouth Freshmen meet the Harvard Yardlings at 7:30.

Dartmouth does not threaten to give the Crimson much competition as a whole, but there are excellent prospects in several individual events. Probably the best race will be in the 150 backstroke when Bud Stein attempts to continue his recent winning streak by defeating Art Boswerht, Stein, competing against Bowdoin Monday, turned in 1:41.6, a Dartmouth record, and that is very good time even in Cambridge.

Stein is slated to swim the 50 as well teamed with Julian Armstrong, Indian Sophomore who at present holds the League's season's record of 24.2 in the 50. They will face Jim Curwen and either Ned Goldwasser or Lonnie Stowell in the two-lap sprint. Armstrong ought to give Big Jim the best race he's had so far this year.

Captain Bob Cushman, all-around sprinter, may also enter the 50, but he and Art Ostrander, best Dartmouth distance man, may find themselves up against Rick Cutler and Frannie Powers in the 220, all of which is sure to end up dismally for the Hanoverians. Paul Dyer, Dartmouth's only diver of merit, has scored 112 points this year, and on the basis of that performance can defeat Rusty Greenhood if the Crimson captain is caught off form. Rusty has fluctuated from 93 to 136 points this season.

Warner and Potter will carry the 200 breastroke burden for the Green against Jack Waldron and Max Kraus, Neither of the New Hampshire men is outstanding so the event will be a good tune-up for the Princeton meet Saturday, in which Jack would like very much to take a second place.

The quarter-mile will also be some-what of a tune-up for Ostrander, the best Indian 440 man, hasn't done better than 5:24.4 this season. Cutler and Ed Hewitt will oppose him, and our Edwin is going to have to paddle his very best to take second.DAVE STEARNS Leads '42 Tankmen Against Dartmouth Yearlings