Mermen Seek League Crowns As McGill Takes Hockey Title

Austic Harding Places Fourth In Individual Scoring As Leading American

For the third year in a row, the Red-men of McGill hold the International Intercollegiate ice hockey League championship, and their great captain, Russ McConnell, holds the league's individual scoring crown for the second year, setting a new scoring mark in achieving that distinction.

Those Canadians, individually and collectively, made sure of their titles last week, the final of the league season. McGill repulsed Dartmouth, the last remaining American threat, for its ninth victory in ten games. McConnell added two points on assists to his total in that contest to finish with 43 points and complete his work of spread-eagling the rest of the league's offensive artists.

Toronto halts McGill

In its relentless march to the championship, McGill was stopped only by Toronto, 3 to 2. It established the season's high scoring record with 15 goals and 23 assists against hapless Montreal.

The Quadrangular League winner, Dartmouth, finished in a tie for second place in the standings with Toronto and Queens. The Indians were undefeated in Quad competition and ranked higher in the International division standing than any American team in the three year history of the circuit. Harvard finished fifth in International League competition with five wins, four losses, and one tie, and second in the Quad ratings.

Austic Harding

Again the highest American scorer was Austic Harding, who, with 26 points, finished in a triple tie for fourth place with Mel Williamson of Queens and Andy Anton of McGill. Right on the heels of the above-mentioned three was Joe Patrick of the Crimson, who counted 21 points as his contribution to the Harvard hockey team. INDIVIDUAL SCORING Name & College  Games  Gis.  Ass.  Pts. McConnell, McGill  10  24  19  43 Walker, McGill  10  9  23  32 Perowne, McGill  10  13  19  32 Harding, Harvard  10  16  10  26 M. Williamson, Queens  10  15  11  26 Anton, McGill  10  11  15  26 Patrick, Harvard  10  12  9  21 Walsh, Dartmouth  10  9  19  19 Foster, Dartmouth  9  6  12  18 Morison, Toronto  7  8  9  18 N. Williamson, Queens  10  11  6  17