Crimson Athletic Teams Obtain .549 Mark This Winter

Ulenmen Lead The Way With Eleven Wins and Three Losses For Season

Despite the fact that the three Harvard major sports teams experienced rather unsuccessful winter campaigns on the whole final figures indicate that seven winter sports squads have compiled a record of 50 wins against 41 defeats for a .549 rating for the season's activities.

Although shorn of their E. I. L. crown, Hal Ulen's mermen led the way with a .786 percentage on 11 wins and three losses, while Rene Percy's fencers were right on their heels with a .750 rating in eight matches. Not included in the year's summary is the track team, which climaxed a very successful indoor season by copping the Quad meet from a strong Cornell squad.

Squash, Wrestling

The squashmen won ten out of 15 for .667, while the wrestlers were also on the winning side of the ledger with a .625 mark. They also placed in a third place tie in the Eastern Intercollegiates with Yale, who had previously defeated them.

The hockey team has a .500 record to its credit with eight wins, eight losses, and one tie--and also a mythical Big Three championship. But the hoopsters were not so fortunate with but five wins in 19 contests. The polo trio is going into the intercollegiates with a .454 rating for the season's matches.

In 19 Varsity contests in all sports with Yale and Princeton, the Crimson have a record of ten victories against nine defeats. In 67 encounters, the Yardling athletic squads have a record of 32 wins and 35 defeats, or a .478 mark.