Favored Hoopmen Meet Yale Tonight in Big Three Contest

Crimson, Often Defeated, Needs Double, Win Over Elimen To clinch Crown

By D. DONALD Peddle

At last the hapless Crimson basketball forces enter a game in which they cannot be classed as underdogs when they entertain Yale in the Indoor Athletic Building tonight. As a matter of fact, with the advantage of playing in their own back yard, Coach Fesler's cagers rate the favorite's role against Coach Loeffler's erratic quintet.

The Feslermen face an Eli five which has knocked on the door of several upsets, but fortune has not been so kind to the Blue. Every time they have turned in a good game, it has meant a close defeat like the two thrillers with the Dartmouth Indians. The result of all of this has been that the Loefflermen have been pushed deep into the E. I. L. cellar with a record of one win against nine losses. A sweep of the two game Harvard series for the Elis would give them a mythical Big Three championship.

Scrap For Big Three Crown

The Feslermen also have the opportunity to top both Princeton and Yale in Big Three standings because the Tigers have a record of two wins and two losses in this competition. Therefore, either the Elis or the Crimson have a chance to finish with three victories and but one set-back. Victories in both games for either of the teams would salvage much from an otherwise disastrous basketball campaign.

Fesler is pinning his hopes on Charley Lutz and Sam White in the front court, Homer Peabody at center, and Captain Lupe Lupien and Fred Heckel in the back court. Substitute Chet Legg is liable to see quite a bit of action in a reserve role and may even start because of the ten points he tossed in against the Lions in the losing battle the Feslermen waged in New York Wednesday night.

For the Elis, it looks like Johnny Cobb and Captain Chuck Kellogg will be at the forwards with Al Stevens at center. George "Shadow" Page and Tom Erickson will be at the guards