TIGERS HOPE TO SINK SWIMMERS AT NASSAU

Close Crimson-Orange Meet Tomorrow Will Hinge on 220-Yard Sprint When Cutler, Powers Battle

By Charles N. Pollak ii, (Special Dispatch to the CRIMSON)

PRINCETON, N. J., Mar. 3--Captain Dick Hough and his Princeton swimming team--the greatest obstacle to a Harvard tank team since Yale's 1937 mer men--will attempt to assert their invincibility tomorrow night against Rusty Greenhood and his mates in Brokaw Pool.

There are several certainties about this meet. A1 Van de Weghe will undoubtedly take the backstroke handly and Hough will win the breastroke fast as easily. Princeton's medley team is a cinch to add five points to the Tiger score, even without Van de Weghe. As a result, the Nassau backstroker will probably swim the 220 against Cutler. Powers, on Curwen, with Ned Parks as his running mats. This event promises to be one of the tightest of the year for all of the contestants are carable of better than 2:17.

Since Coach Hal Ulen is likely to enter a weak medley team, Art Bosworth may be saved for the 50, swimming it with Curwen against Hank Van Oss. Curwen, Powers, Lonnie Stowell, or Harley Stowell are slated to compete in the century against Parke and Van Oss. Ulen hopes to garner a second and third in the backstroke, a second in the breastroke, and will be counting on a first and second in the quarter with Curwen, Powers, or Cutler against Parke and Shef Halsey.

The outcome of the meet seems sure to depend on the sprints more than anything else. If the 50 and 100 firsts go to the Crimson, if Harvard gets eight points in the dive, and if seconds are picked up in the specialty events, then Princeton may suffer its first defeat since their meet with Yale two years ago. But everything must come out in line with the Harvard dope sheet. If the breaks are against Greenhood and Co., there will be no hope.

* * * *

Yardlings Meet Brookline High

Yardling Swimmers also see action today when they meet Brookline High School in the Indoor Athletic Building at three o'clock. All signs point to a Crimson victory