Radio Workshop Committee Planning Work in Field of General Education

Will Seek Mean Between Lecture Technique and Popular Programs

Finding the golden mean between the authenticity of the dual lecture technique and the popular appeal of the jazzed-up program such as the March of Time will be the aim of the General Education Committee of the Radio Workshop, it was announced last night.

This problem, the committee feels, is common to all aspects of popular radio education and much can be done especially in the dramatic presentation of historical, scientific, and literary material through this approach.

The committed is immediately concerned with the question of mass education and bridging the gap between college and community thus being to place at the disposal of a wider audience the advances made in the field of learning.

Already a program tentatively called "America goes to War" is being prepared which will sketch in dramatic form this country's drift to war from 1914 to 1917. This will be based on a careful study of such works as mark Sullivan's "Over There," the litters of Colonel House, Walter Millia's "Road to War," and Graitan's "Why We Fought."

Other projects planned for the near future include: (1) The March of Science, (2) the History of Harvard, (3)Biographical Dramatization, and (4) Educational Reading for Children.

Like all of the Radio Workshop programs these will not only be profiled on the air but will be recorded. Supervising the project is James Laughlin IV '39, Sidney Sulkin '39, and Alan Harrington '39.