TO CAMELOT WE GO

Life has become a round of round-tables. Life has become a regiment of conferences which squat obtrusively on every space of the college calendar from the beginning of the year until the end. There was plenty of room in the cyric three springs past when the H.Y.P conference cracked its shell, for it was a lone eagle of a sort. Since that time conferences without end have incubated; and nowadays collegians are dazed by a maze, which must provoke indifference if not revulsion. Model Leagues of Nations, Government Councils, Guardian Conferences, Harvard Congresses, etcetera ad infinitum.

But this is not to imply that there are too many, or that any one of them does not have a useful function. The more the happier. Today's collegian is an amazingly introspective creature who will talk at dull length in Bedroom sessions about sex and himself. But when it comes to considering or taking a stand on those political issues which are hid very life hi is namby-pamby and lackadaisical. Europe is trotting merrily to hell, but there is hardly a student in Harvard who does nit read the headlines with merely idle curiosity or regard the eventuality of war with complete fatalism. Any burr under the saddle, in the form of a succession of conferences, is desirable.

So the H-Y-P Conference, together with the rest, still lives to serve. Moreover, by its conception, its nature, its scope, its scale, or what have you, it is particularly fitted to serve the function of college conferences. It is that type of conference where the views of academicians are not only hung on the line, but where these are synthesized with those of men from the Greek temples of both Wall Street and Washington. It is also peculiar in that it pools the brain trusts of student body and faculty from the three greatest universities of the East. Its lineup aims at being an all-star one.

Consequently, the newspapers of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton take great pleasure in removing from the presses the Fourth Edition, Revised, of the H-Y-P Conference. Down where the Gothic spires of Princeton rise so incredibly from the flat tidal lands of New Jersey, men will examine the vital processes which motivate a nation; The Crimson hopes that Harvard's intellectual aristocracy will attend the examination.