Harvard to Send Twenty - Seven to HYP Conference

Undergraduate Dailies Treat Talks As "Off the Record" to Benefit Participants

Seventeen undergraduates leave early this morning for Princeton to join in the five round-table discussions at the fourth annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton Conference on Public Affairs, which begins this noon with a luncheon address by President Dodds.

The 17 men added to the 10 others who left yesterday, bring the Harvard contingent to a total of 27 students and Fritz Machlup, visiting professor of Economics who is famed as an expert on international trade. Nine men will participate in the International Trade table, six in the Latin-American table, six in the Latin-American table, five in the Pressure Groups table, four in the Social Security table, and three in the Transportation table.

Round Tables Start at 2:30

Registration takes place at the Daily Princetonian building this morning and the introductory luncheon comes at 1:15 o'clock, with the round tables commencing at 2:30 o'clock.

Word has come from Princeton that in addition to Senators Sherman Minton and Millard E. Tydings, Senator Robert Reynolds of North Carolina has accepted the invitation to attend the two days of conferences. Dr. George Gallup, noted scientific sampling expert and Director of the Gallup Institute for Public Research, has also signified his desire to attend. He will participate in Table V, on Pressure Groups in a Democracy.

Discussions to be "off the record"

Although the three undergraduate dailies, the CRIMSON, the Yale News and the Princetonian have gathered a stellar group of men prominent in public life, the discussions will be treated "off the record" in the news columns so that student and faculty participants may benefit thereby.

Sessions of the table groups will be held this afternoon, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow afternoon, with this evening's dinner, scheduled for 7:45 o'clock, as the day's highlight.