Varsity Lacrosse Men Will Oppose Stevens Institute

Game Today Finds Crimson Minus Captain Hammond in Their Starting Lineup

Minus the services of high-scoring Captain Phil Hammond, who hurt his nose Wednesday, the Varsity lacrosse team is playing the Stevens Engineering School on the Business School Field today at 2 o'clock.

Coach Skip Stahley has been highly pleased with his squad's practice sessions this week and expects his men to make a creditable showing this afternoon against the ten from Hoboken, New Jersey.

Although many new plays have been learned during the week, Skip does not expect that there will much opportunity to put them into service. With two weeks of outdoor practice in fairly suitable weather behind them, the Crimson have been able to develop and are no longer the raw material of the spring trip.

In the tentative lineup are: Hanford at goal, Lewis at point; Livingston, coverpoint; Blotner, first defense; Ferris, second defense; willard, center; Doughty, second attack; Halstead, first attack, Zouck, out home; and Riecken, in home.

'42 at Deerfield

This noon a bus will leave the Union bearing the Yardling team up to Deerfield, where they will face one of the most formidable fees of the season. With comparatively little organized practice and with the experience of only one game, the Freshmen will oppose a prep school combine that is renowned throughout New England for its consistent record of wins.