Stahlmen Beat Huskies 6 to 4 in Dull Game; Face Boston University Today

Curtiss Driven From Box in Sixty And Brackett Comes in to Relieve Him

By Donald Peddle

Coach Floyd Stahl's first place E. I. T. baseball team expended a minimum of effort yesterday afternoon in subduing a troublesome but unimpressive Northeaster nine on holders Field by a 6 to 4 score.

Slim Curtiss started his second game of the year and had the Huskies hand cuffed until the big sixth inning when five bits and four runs sent him to the showers. Most of the blows, however, were of the cheap variety, and the Badmen fielded in a rather half-hearted fashion behind him. Charley Brackett came in and set down the visitors with but one hit in three and one third innings.

The Crimson last no time in getting scores a few runs, tallying in the first three innings. In the first Art Johns walked, stole second, and scored on Dick Grondahl's roller to the second baseman. In the second the Crimson used a hit by Keyes, a pass to Gurtias and a had throw by Husky shortstop Little to manufacture another score.

Walks to Lupien and Lovett and a sharp single by Tully added the third tally. The rally ended, however, as visiting catcher Connolly nabbed Tully ambling down towards second base. In the fifth canto, the Stahimen found the range as Lupien and Lovett doubled, Tally got an infield single, and a doubled, Tully got an infield single, and a double steal worked to account for two runs.

This afternoon the Crimson journey to Nickerson Field to meet Boston University and its ace mounds man Be Leahy. The game was originally scheduled for a month ago but was rained out. Jack Schwede is slated to pitch with Ellie Bacon behind the plate. Bob Fulton is nursing a bruised arm received in the eighth frame of yesterday's tilt.