Thirty-One Men Are Nominated To Student Council; Deadline For Last Petitions Is Tuesday

Additional Petitions Having 30 Signatures Will Be Accepted By Sullivan

Nineteen Juniors and twelve Sophomores have already been nominated for election to the Student Council with the deadline for submitting nominations set for 3 o'clock next Tuesday afternoon, Richard H. Sullivan '39, President of the Council, announced last night.

Balloting for the Council will be held Thursday and Friday, May 25 and 26, when the Juniors will choose six of their classmates; and the Sophomores three from their class. The men who are elected will meet Monday, May 29, to choose eight additional undergraduates for the Council.

Additional petitions signed by 25 undergraduates will be received by Sullivan for other nominations of either Sophomores or Juniors until the Tuesday deadline. A complete list of all of the names which will appear on the official ballots next Thursday and Friday will be printed in the CRIMSON next Wednesday.

The new Council will meet for the first time Wednesday, May 31, when it will elect its officers. Reports of the retiring officers will be read, and the Council will go through the formalities of beginning its term.

Included on the ballots will be the names of several Council members who have been nominated to serve for another year, Nominations can be made either by petitions signed by 30 students or by the Nominating Committee of the Council.

Juniors who have already been named are: Henry A. Burgess, L. Blair Clark, William C. Coleman, Jr., Mason Fernald, Robert J. Glaser, Theodore L. Hazlett, Jr., Thomas V. Healey, Enno R. Hobbing, Frederick Holdsworth, Jr., Garfield H. Horn, Ward MacL. Hussey;

James D. Lightbody, Jr., Charles D. Lutz, Jr., Douglas Mercer, Phil C. Neal, Thomas H. E. Quimby, Ernest J. Sargeant, John S. Stillman, and Donald MacD. D. Thurber.

The following Sophomores have already been nominated: Seth C. Crocker, William L. Healy, Jr., David D. Henry, Robert A. James, Robert B. Kayser, Jr., Spencer A. Klaw, Duncan Longcope, Joseph P. Lyford, Langdon P. Marvin, Jr., Rufus W. Mathewson, Jr., Homer D. Peabody, Jr., and Francis M. Simpson.