WHERE ARE THE BIRDS AND THE BEES?

To put it bluntly, the Maintenance Department is up a tree these days. In fact, they are up many trees, in the Yard and around the College, busily snipping away dead branches, in hopes that spring will take the hint to make a personal appearance. So far, the tree workers are stumped by unseasonable weather.

As truckloads of grim-faced men armed with garden tools loan around the grounds, stop at a piece of bare ground and more or less furiously attack the stubborn soil, the inn grins impishly This impasse has gone on for several weeks now, with neither side-the Maintenance Department nor Nature-willing to concede an inch. Gradually, frustration is showing on the men's faces, and only daily pep talks from the foremen prevent their morale from snapping.

New the landscapers landscapers of the College have adopted a new strategy to outwit Nature. Feigning indifference to the weather, the M.D. squads have recently scaled the walls of the Houses, busily dabbing paint all over, as if to prepare for a spring they know will come. So, it appears the struggle between the resolute M. D. men and obstinate Nature has come to a stalemate. Students who are pining away for a glimpse of genuine green vegetation can make a pilgrimage to the Biological Laboratories building. There are green home there.