Seven Sophomores and Juniors Are Named to Student Council

Lightbody-Mercer Tie Results In Four Junior Appointments Instead of Five

STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS

1940 Henry A. Burgess Blair Clark William C. Coleman Mason Fernald Theodore L. Hazlett Thomas V. Healey Frederick Holdsworth, Jr. Ward MacL. Hussey James D. Lightbody Douglas Mercer Phil C. Neal

1941 Seth C. Crocker William L. Healy Robert A. James Spencer A. Klaw Langdon P. Marvin Homer D. Peabody

Four Juniors and three Sophomores were appointed to the newly elected Student Council yesterday by this year's organization, headed by Richard Sullivan '39.

From the list of Junior nominations, Henry A. Burgess of Sheridan, Wyoming and Leverett House was appointed. The other three were: Ward M. Hussey of Chicago and Lowell House, Blair Clark of Princeton, N. J. and Ted Hazlett of Pittsburgh and Kirkland House.

William L. Healey Jr. of Rosindale was appointed from the Sophomore Class. The two other Sophomores appointed were: Spencer Klaw of Carmel, N. Y. and Adams House, and Seth Crocker of Milton and Eliot House.

Four Juniors Appointed

Four instead of the usual five Juniors were appointed because of the ties between James Light body and Douglas Mercer in the election. Blair Clark, President of the CRIMSON, is one out-of-house representative.

Spencer Klaw is a member of the News staff of the CRIMSON; Bill Healy in a commuter, and Seth Crocker is a member of the Eliot House Committee.

Three Sophomores and seven Juniors were elected to the Student Council in balloting last Thursday and Friday. As contrasted with those elected, the appointees are mostly known for nonathletic activities.

The whole Council including the newly elected and appointed members will meet on Friday night. The outgoing officers will report on the Council's activities this year.