Big Green Worried as They Juggle Infield to Meet Crucial Crimson Invasion in Hanover to Contest League Leadership

Eli Tilt Shakes Coach Tesreau's Confidence in Infield; Sexton Twirls

By The Dartmouth) and Mel WAX (sports editor, (Special to the CRIMSON)s

Hanover, N.H., May 5--Dartmouth and Harvard, leaders of the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League, clash for the first time here tomorrow and Big Green coach Jeff Tesreau has his fingers crossed.

Following a slow start the Indians have finally developed into a team that may be capable of successfully defending its league title. But after the sloppy play of the Indian nine Tuesday in administering Yale its second setback, the Green is not so confident as they were when they defeated Yale in a ten inning game a week ago and then won their first decision since 1926 over Holy Cross on the following day.

In order to improve the Dartmouth infield, which was notoriously weak early in the season, Tesreau has done everything but insert the managers into the starting lineup. He has shifted George Hanna, regular left fielder for the past two seasons, to third base. Joe Cottone, who has played third and first, is now at left field. Osmo "Swede" Linden, previously stationed at third, is now at first. Johnny Lendo, previously a member of the Dartmouth pitching staff, now fills in at short against left handed pitchers.

And so it goes. Infielders are in the outfield, outfielders are in the infield and pitchers are all over the diamond. To date the scrambling has worked out pretty well. Dartmouth has not lost a game during the past three contests while the current combination of players has been working together. Against Yale Tuesday, as stated before, they showed signs of weakening, but Tesreau is going to take a chance with them again tomorrow.

Sexton on Mound

George Sexton, who pops up in right field every once in a while, will probably be Tesreau's selection for the starting mound assignment. Captain Joe Urban, one of the more stable members of the nine, will be behind the plate and the remainder of the Green lineup will be as follows: Linden, first; Jack Orr, second; either Lendo or Ev Woodman, short; Hanna, third; Cottone, left field; Gus Broberg, Center field; and Ned Bein, right field.