Ushers and Ticket Takers at Grid Games Obtain Free Admission and Some Money

Preference in Application Is Given to Undergraduates For H. A. A. Jobs

Students in the University are offered the opportunity of seeing the Harvard football games in Memorial Stadium free of charge by serving as ushers. Ticket takers will receive 50 cents per hour and be able to see part of each game free.

For the ushering, special preference will be given to undergraduate applications because the experience acquired in working as an asher during all four years at college makes for the most efficient handling of stadium spectators.

Former Workers Preferred

Undergraduate preference also holds for ticket takers. Former section men and assistant head ushers may continue their work this year by applying at the H. A. A. at the prescribed times.

Application for ticket taking positions may be made at the H. A. A. offices at 6 Quincy Street between 7 and 9 o'clock Monday and Tuesday evenings.

Tuesday and Wednesday for Ushers

Prospective ushers should report to the H. A. A. from 2 until 4 o'clock on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Graduate students may apply for jobs at the same hours on Thursday.

For both ushers and ticket takers, the rule as to the personal use of football tickets will be waived. However, the responsibility for proper use still remains with the applicant. This means that tickets cannot be sold at a premium, or to outsiders.

Violations of the regulations regarding disposal of football tickets will be punished by black-listing, which means that students are barred from purchasing tickets through the H. A. A. Failure of ushers or ticket takers to report for any game will result in firing or possibly blacklisting.

Every year numerous undergraduates have the price of admission and extra money, in addition, by work at the Stadium during the football season.

The work is not arduous and the total number of hours spent at the Stadium during the football season is not great.