MALLETMEN RIDE OVER HAPLESS NORWICH, 22-5

Captain Gay Dillingham, Jack Lewis Paee Crimson Poloists to Easy Win In Armory

A strong, hard-riding Crimson polo team rode roughshed over Norwich University in the Commonwealth Armory Saturday evening to a one-sided 22 to 5 victory in the opener of their official season.

Captain Gay Dillingham, playing Number One, led the team with ten goals while Jack Lewis at Number Two was right behind him with eight. Win White, the third starter, scored two more while the remaining two were chalked up to the ponies, as they were made on shots which bounced from the horses into the goal. War-wick Stabler was the alternate.

The Norwich team was handicapped by the fact that they are used to a smaller hall than the one at the Armory as well as by the necessity of using borrowed horses which were strange to them.

The Caissons, composed of Mansfield Hughes, Nate Greer, and Tommy Higginson, with Bob White and Rollo Thompson as alternates, were defeated in a close game by the Fairview Club, 6 to 5. Hughes, a Freshman, scored twice for the Caisson team, which is composed of Harvard alternates and Yardlings. Greer is captain of the '43 team.