The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Roberts to Judge Ames Competition

Clark and Arant Will Also Serve In Final Session of Moot Case Court

When the final term of the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Ames is opened tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock in Langdell Hall, three of the nation's outstanding judges will be seated to hear arguments of two law clubs in the conclusion of the annual Ames Competition.

Chief Justice for the session will be Mr. Justice Owen J. Roberts of the United States Supreme Court, who will deliver the decision at the conclusion of the arguments, after deliberation with the other two members of the Court, Herschel W. Arant and Charles E. Clark, Circuit Court of Appeals Judges.

This year's competition marks the first appearance of a Supreme Court Justice at Ames arguments, which annually attract outstanding members of the judiciary. Judge Clark is former Dean of the Yale Law School, and Judge Arant held the same post at Ohio State; both men were named to the federal bench last March.

Now a veteran of the Supreme Court, Mr. Justice Roberts first attracted national notice as Government Prosecutor in the Teapot Dome cases, and was raised to the Court shortly after the conclusion of that litigation. He has written the Court's opinion in many controversial cases.