Soccer Team To Face Mass. State Today

Calhoun and Vorley Will Be Out; 44 Meets Bradford-Durfee

With three victories under their belt, Coach Carr's soccermen will face one of their hardest tests tomorrow, it statistics carry any weight, when they meet Massachusetts State.

Two weeks ago Dartmouth soundly trounced Springfield, perennially one of the best teams in the cast, and last Saturday battled to a 2-2 tie with Massachusetts State. All this means that the Baystaters will be a real threat in their initial game with the Crimson.

A slight cloud of gloom settled ever tomorrow's prospects when it was found that both Jack Calhoun and Lou Vorley would be missing from the lineup. Vorley, who was high scorer last week when the Carrmen wreaked their vengeance on Williams with a 4 to 3 win, surrenders his position to substitute Danny Poor. Calhoun has missed two weeks of play since his outstanding performance in the official opener against Tufts.

Now that Dave Ives has been moved back to fullback for good, the old rear guard problem has been solved. But this change has backfired on the halfback situation where the new weak point exists. If Ansy McCook gets a little more experience and confidence, this sore spot should be removed.

Carr still feels that his boys have not reached their top form. A tendency to let down in the last period as they did in the Williams game when a two goal rally was just stopped in time has him slightly worried. By giving the regulars a rest yesterday, Carr hopes that the team will be absolutely fresh today.

The Freshmen will also meet Bradford-Durfee on the adjoining field today.